Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Korea 2015 Travelogue Day 7

Day 7 and it's my birthday!

Planned the itinerary such that we will have a romantic day on Nami Island but alas... 人算不如天算... i had such a bad stomach since yesterday, I kept running to the toilet. Learnt from a friend later, it could be due to my stomach not being able to take kimchi for consecutive days. Fortunately, there are plentiful of public toilets in Korea and most (if not all) are free. Due to this discomfort, very few photos were taken today. I were just concentrating on looking out for public toilets.


We took the shuttle bus from Pagoda Park in Insa-dong to Nami Island ticket booth for the ferry to the island. More info here.




Why is there a Singapore section on this island? The Merlion looks funny too.




Kind of "wrong" season to be here. Snow has melted and yet trees are still bare. Freaking cold.




There were a few of these fire place on the island. So nice and warm that you really don't feel like moving away. We spent total of about 2.5 hours roaming the island then took the ferry back to Gayyeong Wharf for lunch. There are a few restaurants selling dalgalbi (huge pan of spicy stir-fry chicken with veg). We just went in to the first we saw with proper tables and chairs. My hubby had enough of sitting on the floor. Food is ok, big portion and spicy ttm. Guess i'd have enjoyed it more if not for my upset tummy. 




Here's a pix of my hubby enjoying his lunch.




Intended to check out Noryangjin Fish Market for some seafood dinner but I really couldn't take anymore travelling so we took the rail back to Myeongdong. Rested in the apartment and for my birthday dinner, we had porridge. lol.. I wanted a Korean "birthday meal" with noodle, rice cakes and seaweed soup but my stomach just wanted plain porridge. 


Dinner at Bonjuk.





Cos it was my birthday, I ordered porridge with double portion abalone (there is a triple portion option but I tot that would be overkill). Verdict... the porridge is just ok. I guess, being cantonese and living in Singapore, I've tried better porridge. Here's our bill.



No comments: