Thursday, December 11, 2014

Weekend stay at Pulai Desaru Beach Resort

This would be our 3rd trip to Desaru this year (2014). Not that it's super fun here but it's just near to Singapore and convenient place for a short get-away with the kids. 


For the previous trips, we stayed at Lotus Resort. It was an ok resort but I remembered staying at Pulai few years ago and it was much better then Lotus so for this trip, I decided to stay at Pulai resort. We booked the loft room as my parent were with us and we were lucky to have one which faces the beach. Perhaps my impression of the resort from few years back was quite good so I was pretty disappointed when we check-in to the hotel. The place seems run-down. It was Christmas season and yet then resort was not nicely decorated. The whole place just feels pretty sad. The room is decent (Desaru standard),  ac in working condition and water pressure is ok. But the baby cot that was sent to us has one of the wooden bit broken and instead of changing another cot for us, they simply used sticky tape to tape up the broken bits. Goodness. 

But the kids are happy. My parents are very forgiving with such things. I guess they will be happy wherever they are as long as their 2 precious grandkids are with them. 


Kids love the pool!



Mini alien spotted by the pool

There is a small TV/playroom for the kids. This room and everything that's in it is in desperate need of disinfecting and cleaning! I'm not one of those very particular parent who need their kids to be in sterile environment but this playroom... I could see dust and dirt on the toys. Many places even felt sticky to touch. Really slap forehead. 

Just wanna share this pix cos they look like squids.

Food wise, there are really not much to offer at this resort. Best to drive out for seafood (lobsters at
Sungai Rengit, Pengerang) or since we were too lazy to drive too far, we went over to Lotus Resort for dinner. 

I think I've had enough of Desaru for the time being. 

No comments: